Has your case been pending with USCIS too long?

The first step is to check with an Immigration Attorney to see if your case is outside of normal processing time. Be sure to let your Immigration Attorney know as well if there is an urgent need for a USCIS decision on your case due to employment, medical concerns, or humanitarian reasons. If there is an urgent need for a USCIS decision based on the reasons above, you or your Immigration Attorney can make an expedited processing request with USCIS.

Even if there is no basis for an expedite request with USCIS, there are several things you can do if you case is outside of normal processing time. You or your attorney can schedule an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office, make an inquiry with the USCIS Ombudsman, or contact your state Senator’s office to notify them of the delay.

If USCIS has still not made a decision on your case despite you or your attorney doing all of things listed above, you can enlist the help of an attorney with filing a Writ of Mandamus. A Writ of Mandamus is a lawsuit that requests the Court to force USCIS to make a decision.

If you or a loved one are experiencing delays with your Immigration case, please feel free to contact D&N Law Group at 972-252-0886 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your options with our Immigration Attorney, Asma Din.